Well, hello lol.

Quavelen

Since this forum is new, and there are no other introductions, I'll type one up for myself. It's been a few years since I typed one of these on an actual forum; most of my communication these past few years has been via a discord server, or reddit. So anyways...

My IRL name is Flannery, I've been playing Minecraft as a whole since 2009 during the 0.25 'classic' build, but I only really began seriously playing in 2012, with the 1.2.5 'release' build. I've been doing general Minecraft server management across many servers since around 2014, and I joined EggMC as a player on the 29th of November, 2019. However, I don't actively play Minecraft as often as I probably should. This is due to lots of reasons, but I believe the biggest cause is my addiction to the MMO called 'RuneScape', which I started playing in 2004 when I was 13 years old.

After that run-on paragraph, here's a simple list of basic, publicly available information about me:
  • I was born in 1991; currently 28 years old.
  • Last time I checked, my height was 198cm and my weight was 65kg. (6.5ft and 143lbs for Americans)
  • I've been in a relationship with the same guy since 2007. (for the record, I'm female)
  • The name 'Quavelen' is one I made up in 2004, for RuneScape.
    • Back then, I was obsessed with elves and I tried to come up with what I believed sounded like an elven warrior name. However, it ended up sounding closer to something like an old knight from the round table.
    • It is pronounced 'Qua - Vel - En', 'Qua' like quality, 'Vel' like velvet, and 'En' like Ending.
  • According to the psychologist(?) who tested me when I was 15 years old, I have Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD.
  • I am obsessed with computer hardware, specifically desktops.
    • I build desktop computers as a hobby.
    • For the most part, I am extremely biased against mobile hardware; this means things like laptops, and cellphones.
  • I don't like coding, or software development in general.
    • Meaning, I don't want to do it personally and have no interest in it.
    • I admire, and respect those who do code and/or software development.
  • I love reading, and writing.
  • I also enjoy drawing, but I'm rubbish at it.
So... back to the topic of Minecraft, I played exclusively creative mode up until 2013. I continued to primarily play creative servers up until 2015, when the last "freebuild" creative server I was aware of, shut down. MInd you, by this I mean a proper open-ended default world, with no restrictions and no plots -- as if you made a creative world in single player. Servers like that seem to be extremely rare these days, with plots annoyingly dominating this 'market'. I cannot stand plots, minigames, pvp, prison, or "hub servers" in general.

My preference for Minecraft servers these days are strictly 'oldschool' creative and survival. Anything else is a nope. EggMC fits into this nicely, despite being highly customised. In fact, the highly customised nature of EggMC is what attracted me to it to begin with; it still feels like good oldschool survival, but with a tonne of extra added. I love it. Whilst my preference is geared towards creative, servers like EggMC allow me to enjoy survival.

I apologise for this seemingly pointless, directionless, rambling introduction lol. Hopefully others start to use the forum as well.

Drupz

Da boss
Staff member
Owner
What a nice introduction, known you for quite a while now and never knew a bunch of these. The pronounciation of your name in particular is mind blowing.
Nice to (finally ?) meet you Flannery

TQ1000

Da best staff member
Staff member
Nice introduction, thanks for the first post :)
As stated by Drupz, nice to meet you Flannery